Thursday 18 March 2010

RE:The Exploding Chameleon!!!!! and shooting Skippy dead!!


I can see your point in the cruelty to the poor animal. I do not know enough about the Chameleon to comment on their value as a pest to Mauritius. I am quite horrified at the nature of the death and would love to see some little Australian kid grab hold of a Frilled-Necked Lizard and shove a fag in its gob. (By the way me thinks the kid would get arterial bleed from a frillie)
Though the real reason I love this article is it reminds me of the response I give to people who ask me "Have you seen any Kangaroos in the wild?" To wit my response is "Yes just before I shot it!". It is a classic, they look at you absolutely gutted or crest fallen. They do not understand the vermin factor. They chew on pasture and create havoc on open stretches of road in droughts, when they come to feed and drink from the sides of the roads. There are, at last estimate, 50,000,000 Kangaroos in Australia double the human population. http://www.environment.gov.au/biodiversity/trade-use/wild-harvest/kangaroo/population/index.html#2009

the figures from this website show only populations roaming in pastural areas of Australia so it could be more than 50,000,000. So what if a few die, believe it or not there good to eat if cooked properly!!!! So why not shoot Skippy he's a big over grown rat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment